Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lovemark


The description of a lovemark is something that is close to your heart and mind and creates an emotional connection you just can not live without. This emotional connection makes a relationship with that product, which is very true. As do many other people, I have a large list of lovemarks such as, Disneyland (Anaheim), Oregon, In-n-out, Weekend at Bernies, The Rolling Stones, Lifesavers, ChapStick (the black label), Coke a Cola (glass bottle), Lipton Noodle Soup and Premium saltines.  With every one of my lovemarks I have a story and a feeling attached to them, which makes them my love marks. Though I do have a lovemark that I have a relationship with above all the rest; Caress soap.
My mother used caress soap long before I was born, so it has been in my shower and bath tub since I was born.  When I was a child I was a tom boy and I hated bathing.  My mother knew that when I would take a shower I was not cleaning myself so she would make me take showers with her once in a while.  I hated it and the only thing that made the experience enjoyable was Caress soap.  I remember the Caress commercials I used to watch when I was a kid and their slogan was always stuck in my head; "Before you Dress Caress".  The way they made their soap different from all other soaps was the added bath oil that leaves your body soft and smooth.  It really does, I will not use any other soap and if I have to my whole day will be off because of it. It is kind of like breaking a routine.  Other soaps like Lever 2000, Dove, Zest and many others make my skin feel like rubber after I wash off the suds.  Hotel soap is the worst and makes me want to go home immediately, which is why I bring Caress every trip I take.  Caress does not give that feeling, it feels like silky smooth baby skin.
The hallmarks of a Lovemark are mystery, sensuality, and intimacy.  Every shower I take I am taken back to when I was a child, which is the mystery.  The comforting smell of my mother that has never changed to this day is the sensuality.  The intimacy is the luxury of being home in your own shower receiving the same experience as ever that is like no other.  Also it is just great soap that has never let me down.  If they ever go out of business I will go all over town to buy up a lifetime supply!

1 comment:

Lilly Buchwitz said...

Wow, that's a true Lovemark, all right!